Object Durability

Forum for proposal and discussion of ideas for Dead of Night.

Moderator: Public Moderators

sadis
Immortal

Object Durability

Post by sadis » Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 am

Each item has durability and max durability - would allow for many items to not scrap so easily (containers, potions, non-armor/weapon worn items).

Fiddle with scrapping to reduce durability and/or max durability. Make mass scrapping less likely.

Fiddle with options for repairing.

Yojimbo

Re: Object Durability

Post by Yojimbo » Sat May 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Scrapping is a major pain in the ass. Make it so items never break completely but become unusable until repaired. So if something it's scrapped you need the super repair guy or a warrior of sufficient level to make it useable; but it's not scrapped/gone.

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Sat May 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Even massively increase the gold costs of repairing an item.

spoonfoy

Post by spoonfoy » Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 pm

ive been on the "get rid of scrapping train" since literally like day 2 of ever playing.

the flame on the chessboard took both of my seeker earrings, and i was dumbfounded that there wasnt a way to repair them.

so yes, i support any and all of this, as long as it isnt "diablo-esque" where simple use wears down your eq, so that i dont have to go to Terl after every hunt and worry about repairing my weapons/gear.

jewelry, specifically, should have at least a couple levels of "durability". potions/scrolls/etc im less worried about.

could even use this to introduce variety in containers. have low capacity containers built like freakin' tanks, and high capacity that are still fragile.