Weapon Spells

Forum for proposal and discussion of ideas for Dead of Night.

Moderator: Public Moderators

sadis
Immortal

Weapon Spells

Post by sadis » Fri May 12, 2017 6:06 am

Redo this to include:
- ability to specify rate that spell fires
- ability to have weapon spell affects that are time limited
- add spells for some classes to add weapon spell to a weapon which doesn't already have one

Yojimbo

Re: Weapon Spells

Post by Yojimbo » Sun May 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Maybe the spells should be geared towards the classes.

Mages add elemental damage.

Clerics add maledictions (poison, weak, slow.)

Psionists remove (but not drain) mana or fear.

spoonfoy

Post by spoonfoy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:10 pm

100% support. i think this should be primarily leaned towards either Thieves or Druids, to make them more viable, but the weapon-poisoning/enchanting/whatevering is one of my fave ideas.

i dont think its something that should be given to Mages, as theyre useful enough as is, but thieves/druids, maybe blackguards, maybe paladins, could definitely benefit from this.

being able to wield a weapon with a high rate of proc with lower damage, vs low proc with high damage, is also an interesting dichotomy to diversify weapon choice.

Tigra

Post by Tigra » Thu May 18, 2017 2:18 am

I'm into this idea, too!

I really like the idea of Paladins and Blackguards being able to enchant a weapon they're wielding, with some sort of thematically appropriate enchantment to their classes. I know we have an Align-Slayer stat, but I know nothing at all about it past that.

I think Mages do enough with enchanting, being able to make something +3, and that's fine.

I love the idea of thieves being able to use poisons as a non-magical method of enchanting, and I think with the right selection of poisons, it could make them a lot more solid in areas where they are lacking.

Druids.. druids are always a problem, but I would really like them to get in on it somehow. They really do need something. Maybe if they could enchant their.. golems! And.. we make golems useful! Fund it!

Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo » Sun May 21, 2017 9:51 pm

Golems should just have stupidly massive HP and be the perfect meatshield.

That being said, I've never had a high level druid make a golem with high level equipment. It could well be that that is currently the case.

Tigra

Post by Tigra » Mon May 22, 2017 10:49 pm

It's not. They're terrible, lol. They really need some help.