Skill idea for fighter classes.

Forum for proposal and discussion of ideas for Dead of Night.

Moderator: Public Moderators

Celebis

Skill idea for fighter classes.

Post by Celebis » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:53 pm

So, I was wondering if First Aid had ever been touched on for a fighter class skill?
Something not quite as effective as magical heals, perhaps just puts the warrior/fighter into a regenerative state while they bandage their wounds?

Maybe make it a lower level skills for fighters and have it cost movement to administer.(Then it can scale with the level/skill of the warrior.)

spoonfoy

Re: Skill idea for fighter classes.

Post by spoonfoy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:26 am

i see this being REALLY hard to balance.

if you made it equal to meditate/pray, then it doesnt do enough to be worth using. youre better off temple sitting or potion chugging.

if you make it too good, it marginalizes cleric/paladin/bard heals.

plus, the cleric spell "regenerate" already does this, and is already not worth using because of the diminished hp to mana return ratio.

more than a skill, i would support seeing just a simple "bandage" item, that you could use to heal while your stomach was full.

Object 'field bandage heal', Item type: SCROLL
Item is: MAGIC
Level: 0 Rest: NONE
Weight: 1, Value: 320, Rent cost: 160
Level 30 spells of:
heal

scale different scrolls to level, so you could buy cure light scrolls, then cure serious, etc etc.

maybe even a skill that lets clerics create these for an increased mana cost. like, 50mana to cast heal, 100mana to make a heal scroll.

or just have a scribe sell 'em. *shrug*

Celebis

Post by Celebis » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:37 am

I envisioned it more of a channeled heal. The mud already has healing scrolls, and clerics already have the ability to heal on command.

I wanted something for fighter classes specifically. Naturally, the -most- effective heals would still come from clerics, but it would make sense for skilled fighters to know first aid.

Zolare

Post by Zolare » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:00 pm

It seems like it'd be easy to balance. Trade 1% movement for 1% HP per second while performing first aid?